Become a Sponsor of the Mountain Play
Your sponsorship makes a difference. Help provide access for everyone and engage our community with us. With sponsor partnerships we are able to share this iconic tradition with more people each year.
Collaborate with us for the 2019 Mountain Play Production of Grease!
Contact Director of Leadership and Development Sara Pearson for more information and become a sponsor today.
Message to Potential Sponsors
Please join a growing number of community champions who appreciate how unique this tradition is, and how fortunate we are to have it right in our backyard. For its 106th season, Mountain Play will attract more than 20,000 playgoers to the top of Mount Tam for a high quality live production of the popular rock musical.
Partnering with our business community is critically important to the Mountain Play. As public funding for the arts declines, theater companies struggle to bridge the growing gap between rising production costs and revenue from ticket sales which typically only cover about half of the real cost of live productions. Mountain Play faces inherent challenges that other theaters don’t – covering over $100,000 for patron transportation; each year building the stage from the ground up; and facing inclement weather and fire danger which have cancelled performances.
Season sponsorships start at $1,000 (acknowledgements and benefits vary)
$1K or more:
- Company listing in 30,000 Grease season programs published in the Marin IJ (pledge by 3/15)
- Company listing in 15,000 programs distributed to patrons at performances (pledge by 3/15)
- Company listing on website and theatre sponsor banner (pledge by 4/1)
$3K or more:
- Company listing in 130,000 post cards mailed to patrons across the Bay Area (pledge by 1/31)
- Company listing on 5,000 season posters distributed Bay Area (pledge by 1/31)
- Company logo in season program, on website and on sponsor banner (pledge by 3/15)
- Acknowledged by Producer at top of one performance (pledge by 5/1)
$5K or more – all of the above plus:
- Logo Listing on Mountain Play volunteer T-shirts (pledge by 3/15)
- Acknowledged by Producer at top of two performances (pledge by 5/1)
$10K or more – all of above plus:
- “Sponsor of the Day” acknowledged by Producer at three performances (pledge by 5/1)
$20K or more – all of above plus:
- “Season Presenting Partner” acknowledged by Producer at all performances (pledge by 5/1)
You can help provide access for everyone. In partnership with sponsors, we engage our diverse community, providing access to those who wouldn’t otherwise be able to share this iconic tradition by:
- Hosting community groups for a Day on the Mountain
- Providing ASL translation for hearing impaired patrons
- Teaching theater to students who have little exposure to live performances
Over the last two years Mountain Play has expanded programming to include more collaborations, new works musical readings, and education projects that increase access, and deepen community connections. These growing programs create new ways of extending our work beyond the mountaintop and throughout the calendar year. With your support, Mountain Play will be a beloved tradition for our whole community – for generations to come.
For more information about becoming a sponsor please contact:
Sara Pearson, Director of Leadership and Development. (415) 383-1100 or [email protected]