Plan for a Unique Theatre Experience
How do you plan for your day of theatre, hiking, sun bathing, relaxing, and enjoying every minute in a 3750 seat amphitheatre on the side of Mt Tam? There are so many ways to enjoy our festival-like event!
It’s not only a spectacular production of one of your favorite Broadway musicals featuring professional actors, stunning special and visual effects, with a LIVE orchestra, but you’re also in a unique State Park with all the ways to enjoy the outdoors. Mountain Play is truly a combination of nature and art where you can discover your own annual tradition. You’re sure to start the day in awe of the view and end your day with your toes tapping.
Prepare for your day atop Mount Tamalpais with us by deciding how you’ll arrive and leave, what you want to bring, and how you plan to spend your day using the links below.
If you arrive early, enjoy our line up of local artists before the show
2019 Pre-Show Entertainment Schedule
- May 26, 2019: Main Stage 12:30 p.m. – ‘Til Dawn
- June 2, 2019: Main Stage 12:30 p.m. – Christie McCarthy with Glenn MacPherson
- June 8, 2019: Sing-Along Saturday – Audience Instructions at 1:30 p.m.
- June 9, 2019: Main Stage 12:30 p.m. – Natalia Betzler
- June 16, 2019: Main Stage 12:30 p.m. – Todd Morgan & Annual Picnic Contest with Celebrity Judge Damon Stainbrook of Pig In a Pickle
Check in for the picnic contest is from 11:00 a.m. to Noon at the Raffle Booth. Judging from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
2019 Raffle Winners
Thanks for Support the Mountain Play Outreach programs.
At every performance we have fantastic volunteers selling raffle tickets to help support all of the outreach we do. This year our winners for the raffle are:
10th Place – Kathy Mikkelson
9th Place – Yael Marks
8th Place – Bonnie Marmor
7th Place – Mark Christianson
6th Place – Charme McClarren
5th Place – Orienne Bennett
4th Place – Michele Churan
3rd Place – Melissa Hensley
2nd Place – Mike Schmid
1st Place – Mary Burke
And the Grand Prize – Sally Mars Carey
This years’ prizes included:
- A One-Week stay in a Napili Bay ocean front studio courtesy of Stephanie Witt.
- One-Week stay in a Napili Bay ocean front studio courtesy of Stephanie Witt, a weekend on the river! Experience a two-day trip for four on the South Fork American River, courtesy of O.A.R.S.
- Acqua Hotel in Mill Valley -Two Night Stay in a junior suite with American Breakfast for Two and a leather wrap bracelet from Stephan-Hill for each.
- Matching leather wrap bracelets courtesy of Stephan-Hill while looking at the stunning view from the ATwater Tavern in San Francisco