Performance Class with Interactive Enrichment from 2022
In this audition-based program, actors age 7 to 17, worked together to develop their performative, literary, and social skills while learning the art of storytelling and the joy of creative movement. Each week we will work toward our goal of writing and producing an original mini-musical to be performed on opening day as part of the Mountain Play Pre-Show Experience!
Participants received two comp tickets for family, reserved seating, a free T-shirt, a backstage tour of the mountain theatre, and an opportunity to meet select members of the cast of Hello Dolly!
- Rehearsals are Monday 4 – 6:30, March 7th – May 21st, Mill Valley Golf Course Clubhouse, 280 Buena Vista Ave Mill Valley 94941 – participants are expected to attend all rehearsals
- Rate $900 +$40 Material Fee
- Performance May 22nd, Mountain Play Amphitheatre
- First Rehearsal Monday, March 7th
- No Rehearsal Monday, April 5th (Spring Break)
- Dress Rehearsal SATURDAY, May 14th 10am – 4pm
- Extended Rehearsal Monday, May 16th 3:30 – 7:30 (Location TBD)
- Dress Rehearsal Saturday, May 21st 10:30am – 2pm (Ebbtide Studio)
- PERFORMANCE – Call Time TBD (Cushing Amphitheatre, Mt. Tamalpais)
We will also be keeping in place all necessary health and safety protocol regarding COVID-19, i.e. regular hand washing/sanitizing and social distancing when appropriate.
Auditions were held Wednesday, February 16th. However if you are interested, please email Robyn before Mar 7th to see if there is still availability.
PREVIOUS YOUTH THEATRE PROGRAMS AND INFORMATION
Online Theatre Education Videos:
Color Your Voice Workshops. In honor of letting your voice be heard democratically in the upcoming elections, we are leading theatrical and vocal exercises to develop your unique voice through videos. Please Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to keep up to date with our ongoing series.
We are expanding the arts program on the mountain for ALL.
Before the performances of Grease, in a space we call PLAYland, the Mountain Play piloted a theatre games program with audience members. Guests of all ages were able to enjoy active and engaging entertainment before the show.
“At PLAYland, I saw the wonder that comes from playing and play-making as we cultivated the idea that theatre is truly for all ages. I found that we were able to make a day at the Mountain Play an immersive experience for everyone!“
-Experienced teaching artist and veteran Mountain Play actor, Marlee Mesarchik
We will continue to bring you more in-person theatre games for all at every performance of Hello, Dolly!